Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankfulness

For so many things on our farm, I am thankful...
That all 13 of our crias this year were born healthy, and that they continue to grow and flourish. Seven boys and six girls:
  • Trinity, Valrhona, and Roark (girl/girl/boy, aka, the Triple Fudge Brownies)
  • Cadence, a maroon and white female (gig 'em, Aggies!), from Autumn Sun
  • Toledo, fawn boy with a black nose, born to our spunky old dam, Blackberry
  • Celeste, our only Galileo daughter, out of our first alpaca, Flora
  • Ramiro, a red-brown boy from Sonnet ~ named for a king of Aragon
  • Latakia, a brown boy (pictured) from Murphy Brown and Galileo ~ name of a spicy tobacco
  • Juliaca, a light fawn girl from Nutmeg ~ a city in Peru
  • Rigel, brightest star in constellation Orion, his sire, and mom Solstice Summer
  • Sarek, from Sheba and Galileo; named for Mr Spock's Vulcan father
  • Tecumseh, meaning 'shooting star' because he has one on his forehead; from Amazing Grace and Orion
  • Mariquita, 'ladybug' is a red-brown girl with white face, from Black Lace and Orion.
I am thankful for clients who entrusted the care of their alpacas to us, adding new dimensions to our herd. Some have now gone to live at their newly prepared farm in Texas. And 4 of our boys are delighting a young family near the coast with their charm and antics.

I am thankful for the bounty of our land:
  • tons of hay our field produced
  • 68 volunteer pumpkins in the plot we are readying for the garden
  • the first pear from our little tree
  • gallons of plums we harvested for cooking and eating and wine
  • blueberries ~more than last year, not enough for a pie yet
  • wild blackberries offering juicy treats and possibilities
  • honey from Jason's hives, and the tasty mead we brewed
I am thankful for friends and neighbors...
  • with their unique sets of ideas and enthusiasm, challenges, frustrations and laughter
  • sharing their friends, expanding our circles of connection
  • celebrating birthdays and holidays, achievements and surprises
  • visiting us on their travels, bringing news and reminders of other days
  • helping when extra hands are needed.
I am thankful for our families...
  • grandchildren that delight in visiting
  • a house for nesting Jennifer and family
  • extraordinary experiences and connections for Paul at Ephemerisle, and for Erica rebuilding homes in New Orleans with her Americorps team
  • cousins who stay in touch across the miles and years.
I am grateful to our country's service men and women who give so much more than has ever been asked of me.

I am thankful for the grandeur and bounty of this place on earth and for the privilege of caring for it. I am ever-grateful to my dearest Mike who has consciously postponed his dream for a time to support mine. I am thankful for our continued health and well-being and mindful creativity, the very spark of life.

For all of these things and more, I offer humble thanks.

Roark ~ Valrhona ~ Cadence




Mariquita & Tecumseh ~ Juliaca ~ Sarek



Celeste ~ Toledo ~ turkey basket of yarn

5 comments:

Terra Trevor said...

I love this rich glimpse celebrating the gift the alpacas give unconditionally to their humans.

Your blog is filled with humor and touching memories, and I've been waiting for an update. And I'm on my way back now to look deeply into those furry faces. Sweet and wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://zyjibogyku.s-enterprize.com/atutyf.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://etykonyvac.kogaryu.com/jatyvi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://kaxumumoh.100megsfree5.com/hujasaw.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://exyribasy.lookseekpages.com/nahipy.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money